Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Back Again

Well, it has been quite a while, hasn't it. A lot of things have changed, some went back the way they were and some new things have come into play, but most of this has nothing to do with the surgery. I'm sure I could have posted more stuff on here about it, but there really hasn't been anything to report in the way of what's been going on with this topic, so I hadn't felt much inclination to report on nothing. The other stuff that was happening, many of my friends already know about, but that wasn't related to this. So, time for an update.

After cancelling my appointment with Dr. Punim due to the cost factor, I went back to Dr. Graham's office. I received my surgery order and found that the treatment plan had changed so that he was going to extrude my right upper canine to bring it into place with the other teeth. This is not what he and I had previously discussed, so I called them back. Yesterday, I went in for another consultation and he issued me out a new extraction order, this time to remove the canine, as well as the first bicuspid in my upper left quadrant.

Today, I scheduled, or tried to schedule, an appointment to get the teeth extracted. Being that my dental office already has an oral surgeon, I decided to go through them since they already have all my records and they're going to be following me through this whole procedure. Tentatively, I'm schedule to have my teeth extracted on Monday morning, assuming that I can find a ride to get there and get back out of there since they're going to be sedating me. Probably a good thing since they're going to have to go into the hard palate to get the canine tooth pulled out.

So far, my main struggle is finding someone available to give me a ride so I can get there and back since they won't do the surgery without it. This is still pending, but I'm going to go ahead and schedule the appointment.

More to come.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you.

    Gauze is in the bag with the post op instructions. Change it about once an hour.

    Doc said to switch between the Vicodin and Motrin (get a roommate to help fill your scrip)

    No spitting, no rinsing for 24 hours. Warm salt water rinse after that.

    Don't forget to eat. Soft foods (jello, pudding, etc.) No straws.

    Alright, my job here is done.

    -erik

    ReplyDelete