Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Preparation

After my exam and deep cleaning yesterday, I attempted to reach the orthodontist to schedule an appointment for the consultation. All day, the phone continued to ring without even routing to voicemail, which wasn't giving me much hope until after I logged onto Facebook and heard about the tornado warnings that had been issued for Orange County. This made me wonder if H.B. had also been having any power blackouts yesterday like we had this afternoon which would explain the lack of voicemail. I also found out later that many people lost phone service throughout the area.

After working overtime this morning, I left the communications center and proceeded to my mother's house. While walking to her house, I called the doctor's office and got through to the assistant working the phone. I was offered an appointment for Monday, but I didn't feel like using up more sick time to make an appointment during work hours, so I asked if they had anything else. They had an appointment open for Tuesday morning, so I took that spot.

More to come next week. Check back Tuesday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment