Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bureaucracy

After sleeping in late this morning, I eventually got up, had breakfast, then went to the gym. I don't remember what time I left for the gym, but by the time I had finished with my workout, it was already 1:15 p.m. So, I left there, went home and showered and got dressed. I then walked to Dr. Rita Archer's office.

After waiting a few minutes, Rita came in and went over my general health and medications, including my pharmacy losing my prescription for my testosterone again. We also went over that I was due for blood work, so she gave me the form I needed to get that done. Then, we got to the heart of the matter.

I showed Dr. Archer my cephalometric x-ray and she asked how long I had been living with the underbite. It's been like that for so long, I couldn't figure out how long I've been dealing with it. I took a wild guess and said since about 8 years of age. We discussed if I'd been having other problems which could be caused by this, including snoring, sleep apnea, etc. I also advised her of the muscle pain that I've been having in the sides of my jaw, as well as the clicking and popping I have.

Part of the problem that Dr. Archer has about getting approval for this surgery is trying to figure out how to tell the insurance company of why they should approve it. She's working on my side for this, she's just at a loss to figure out which code she needs to use to submit. She knows that Dr. Levin will know what to tell them, but until then, I have to wait again. Her estimate is that it will be about a week and I'll get a letter saying "yes" or "no."

Fuck...

No comments:

Post a Comment