Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cart Before The Horse

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm getting ahead of myself while I'm sleeping. Last night, I had a dream that they were prepping me for surgery in the hospital. Maybe it's because today is my final consultation with the orthodontist where we discuss everything and get started in earnest on this whole endeavor. I AM being realistic about the timeline I'm looking at here, but you know what they say about the mind playing tricks. Stop that brain!

I reviewed my medical insurance yesterday. Seems they'll cover everything except the teeth portion as long as it's medically necessary. As I said in a previous blog, the masticatory muscles are still sore since having the septoplasty done last June. And, having seen my cephalometric radiographs, I don't think it will be too hard to convince them to approve this operation. With any luck, Dr. Graham will refer me to the surgeon today. I would like to know if I'll be having any teeth pulled prior to getting my braces or if I'll be able to keep them all.

I'm also really interested to find out what, if anything, they can do about tooth #6, my right maxillary canine tooth. That tooth never erupted and I can feel the tip of it just underneath my gums sitting at a nearly 45 degree angle over tooth #7, the right lateral incisor. Dr. Graham says this can be a tricky problem as to put it into place, you're forcing it into a position where there are already other teeth. I know this could delay things for a bit if they decide to extract all of the canines to make room for the other teeth when they put the braces on.

Well, 6 hours to go from the time of this writing, so I think I'll go find something to do until then. Check back later on this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment