Monday, March 15, 2010

"Stop It, Stitch!"

Here I sit, watching Voivod on DVD. Awesome band, in my opinion. Sadly underrated. I don't know if you would like them, but if not, that's cool. I listen to a lot of stuff that most people don't understand.

Right now, I feel like Stitch on his first visit to Lilo and Nani's house. "Hey, what's this? RAAWR!" Smash! I'm so tempted to go out and weave a path of destruction, regardless of how it might affect others, but I'm doing what I can to hold back. I can't help it!

Tomorrow, I go in for my consultation with Dr. Levin. This will be my consultation to find out if I can get this whole thing covered under my medical insurance. I know Dr. Graham said that when the surgeon sees my cephalometric x-rays and outline, as well as the panorex that he's going to start drooling, but I'm still the pessimist of the family. I'm doing what I can to calm down. I'm still pretty hyped up, even after being up since 12:45 a.m. for work (1:45 a.m. start time for a 12 hour work shift). Tried watching "True Blood" to relax and that still didn't do much. So many things on my mind, especially after work.

Spent a good portion of my day listening to a couple of female co-workers sitting next to me talking about the physical attractiveness of males...and these were guys that weren't THAT bad-looking. Kind of sucks to be a fly on the wall knowing that I look the way that I do. It also didn't help hearing an insult from one of my other co-workers yesterday about my own appearance. I feel worthless. I know this surgery changes your appearance, but I just want to look NORMAL. =( I hope I'm not asking too much.

1 comment:

  1. Judging other people's looks like that is so rude and inconsiderate. I hope you don't take that insult to heart.

    Some of my co-workers were surprised that I was getting surgery. I had hid my open bite so well that they couldn't tell that I had a problem. When I showed them what I really looked like, they were surprised.

    Take deep breaths. Stay calm. Don't listen to the naysayers -- they don't know what they are talking about. If you don't know anyone else going through this, turn to people like me and the many other jaw bloggers who have gone through this and are going through this. This is a long, frustrating process, but we're all in it together.

    ReplyDelete