Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Additional Info

Okay, so I realized that I left out some information about yesterday's consultation that Dr. Punim discussed with me.

First, she wasn't making any statements of getting my teeth aligned quickly before the surgery. Admittedly, this did kind of raise a red flag with Dr. Graham, though I do trust his judgement and it was nice to have a second opinion.

Something that Dr. Punim brought up that wasn't discussed with Dr. Graham was the amount of bone in the front of my jaw. This is going to make moving the lower front teeth backward or forward take longer than what Dr. Graham was discussing. It seems that there's not too much bone material in the front of my mandibular incisors, so this will present quite a case. Dr. Punim was saying about going somewhat slow so she can monitor the movement to make sure she wasn't inadvertently pulling out the teeth. She also pointed out that my upper incisors have shorter roots than the rest of the teeth. Yet another thing she's going to have to watch for.

Well, next appointment is my cleaning, and then my final orthodontic consult. I'll have more to report next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment